Louisiana Chapter of HIMSS Newsletter for Winter 2017
I hope that you are having a wonderful 2017! While the calendar year 2017 is just underway, the 2017 fiscal year for the Louisiana HIMSS chapter has reached its halfway point, and what a first half of the year it was! In September, we held “Connect Louisiana” at the Old State Capital in Baton Rouge during National HIT Week. This half day event, presented in conjunction with the Louisiana Department of Health, marked our first State HIT Day. Speakers included Dr. Rebekah Gee, MD, Secretary of LDH, Dr. Jon White, MD, Deputy National Coordinator, ONC, Dr. SreyRam Kuy, MD, Chief Clinical Officer, Louisiana Medicaid, and many other local and national thought leaders.
North Louisiana Health Analytics Conference
Hosted by Louisiana Tech University
Willis-Knighton Innovation Center
Bossier City, LA
March 10, 2017
• Advocate for a healthier Louisiana
• Inform public about Louisiana-based research and technology in health analytics
• Identify potential areas for research and training collaborations with industry
• Promote strengths of Louisiana Tech to public and to prospective/current students
• Publicize research at Louisiana Tech that aligns with conference themes/audience
2017 GC3 Conference - Save the Date!
Marriott on Canal St.
New Orleans, LA
November 16-17, 2017