Louisiana Chapter of HIMSS
Staying Connected and Keeping the Conversation Going
As a state wide chapter, we strive to connect our members and to help facilitate a thoughtful conversation around health information technology. HIMSS Louisiana is a great platform for our members, sponsors, and the HIT community to stay connected during this time. I know that when I first joined the local chapter, I gravitated toward its warm environment and the richness of the conversation. Although our path forward may look different, our mission is as important as ever. On a global scale, the mission of HIMSS is to reform the health ecosystem through the power of information and technology. Our goal is to localize this mission for our State, and support the unique opportunities we have here in Louisiana.
To achieve our vision, we need your voice! The marquee events that our members look forward to year over year are being transformed to meet the needs of our communities. We’re currently working to bring great events such as “Connect Louisiana” to life either virtually or in an enhanced way that allows us to stay connected in a safe and socially responsible way.
We’re looking for volunteers over the course of the year to deliver digital content and virtual opportunities. The following are the types of digital content we’re planning to produce moving forward:
- Health IT Shorts: 15-30 minute pre-recorded digital content distributed to the membership.
- Webinars: live broadcasted 45-60 minute educational event.
- Panel Discussions: either a pre-recorded or live panel discussion with a moderator.
- Virtual Events: for past events such as Connect Louisiana we’re evaluating virtual options in addition to potential in-person opportunities in the future.
If you’re interested in being a part of the conversation and helping us stay connected, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Interoperability and Data Sharing
- Business Continuity and Disaster Preparedness
- Healthcare Applications and Technologies
- Cybersecurity and Data Privacy
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship, or Venture Investment
- Leadership, Governance, or Strategy
- Applied Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Data and Analytics
- Population Health or Public Health
In addition to staying connected, we want to give back and invest in the future of health IT. The HIMSS Louisiana Board of Directors are excited to announce that we have approved a scholarship fund to be used this fiscal year. Named after one of our founding board members, the Errol Labat Scholarship will be awarded to one or more students to support their growth and career development in the field of health IT. If you’d like to nominate a student or to learn more about the Errol Labat Scholarship Program please contact Michelle Martin email@example.com.
Paul C. Douglas, CISA, CCSFP
President, Louisiana Chapter of HIMSS